- Title: Junior Trader
- Salary: £25,000-£35,00
- Location: Greenwich, London
- Reports To: Stephen Lewis
- Company: Redshaw Advisors Ltd
We are multi-award winning environmental market experts, led by carbon market innovator, Louis Redshaw. We are here to help people to be successful in those markets and to help those markets to be successful, so that they can help to solve the problem of climate change. We provide companies, investors and governments with an understanding of what drives carbon prices, in both compliance and voluntary regimes, and how carbon affects their financial bottom-line. We offer a variety of environmental markets advisory and risk management services. We believe that well informed companies make better risk management decisions because they have the confidence to know what to do, when to do it and why. This gives the companies, governments and investors that we deal with more control over their environmental market related risk.
Do you know your bulls from your bears? If so, this is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation focused on the environmental markets sector. We are seeking a Junior Trader to assist and learn from the highly experienced members of our trading team. This role would suit a talented and ambitious individual keen to develop trading and risk management skills. The successful candidate will need a keen eye for detail, an interest in carbon markets and trading, an understanding of risk and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
What Redshaw Advisors will provide to you
We will provide you all the training and support required to help you realize your potential in a fast paced commercial environment. We will help you develop your knowledge of, and expertise in, global environmental markets such that you are able to trade, manage risk, assist the sales teams with your market knowledge and participate in industry conferences as a Redshaw Advisors employee. As part of a growing team working on an expanding product offering, personal growth is guaranteed. You will be exposed to many different challenges and you will acquire a number of new and valuable skills.. We offer a competitive salary (dependent on experience), bonus scheme, pension contributions and a chance to learn from the best team in the fastest growing and most important market in the world.
What you will provide to Redshaw Advisors
We are looking for an adaptable, self-starting, keen, energetic, numerate, personable and responsible individual. You will be able to perform a wide range of tasks under pressure and willing to take responsibility for transactions with a large financial value. You will be comfortable making decisions alone, but also able to work collaboratively in order to achieve a consensus. . A true team player you will celebrate others’ achievements as you do your own. Our core values are honesty and integrity, characteristics that you will have in abundance.
- Trade execution during market hours (07:00-17:00)
- Position management
- Cashflow management
- Customer interaction and relationship building
- Assisting the sales team in client meetings
- Provision of Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly market updates and reports
- Supplier management
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid academic achievement; preferably educated to Degree level
- Excellent communication and written skills
- High level of diligence and attention to detail
- Solid time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple workstreams
- Fluent English, other languages an advantage
- Previous experience in a fast paced market facing role preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong IT skills and good knowledge of MS Office applications
- An interest in the environmental sector preferred
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you would be the perfect fit for our role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of ‘Junior Trader’. To find out more about the company please visit redshawadvisors.com